Top Five Reasons You Should Vote For Barack Obama
1) A vote for Barack Obama, is a vote for your children's future. And your children's children's future. Barack Obama's policies are forward-thinking. Under his tenure, we would see more investments in energy, education, and nation-building in this country... all of which is good for the future of the economy and our national security. Barack Obama supports green energy, and clean coal technology. The more we invest in green fuel, the sooner we can become energy independent. In the process of "going green", we can create more jobs and fight the effects of job outsourcing to China and India that has occurred over the past decade. If more Americans have jobs, more will have financial security. If more Americans have financial security, then consumer confidence will go up, and the stability of the market will rise with it. This means that your 401k and pension will again increase.
Moreover, Barack Obama supports public schools and in failing school districts, he supports charter schools. On the other hand, John McCain supports school vouchers. So basically, John McCain is saying that when the going gets tough, the answer is to abandon the problem. You and daddy hate vouchers, and you know that vouchers will do nothing but leave public schools behind and make education an enterprise for the rich. I know you are retiring soon, but think of all the younger public school teachers who would be so much worse off if education were privatized. Your vote for Barack Obama is a vote for all those future teachers, and the future of education for your grandkids.
2) A vote for Barack Obama does not conflict with pro-life beliefs. When it comes down to it, pregnancy is a private matter. It is between a woman, her body, and perhaps her spouse or partner. Regardless, Congress and the Supreme Court have gotten involved. The Supreme Court has preserved the woman's right to choose in Roe v. Wade, and no president is going to overturn it. The only potential for limiting Roe is the nomination of another conservative Supreme Court justice, and the Court would have to overturn a decision, violating 30 years of history and the principle of stare decisis. (Basically, this is not going to happen).
Mom, you have raised your daughters well and have done all you can. No president in the White House is going to make us get or not get an abortion. So, you can be rest assured that we are going to produce life should we ever get pregnant. And if you really care about what other women are doing with their bodies, then you can go rally at the local Planned Parenthood, or pray for their souls. (But personally, I cannot tell a person what to do unless I have lived her life or walked in her shoes... I only know that I won't get an abortion, and I am not in a position to judge others who make a different decision).
Finally, the Republican party is completely contradictory when it comes to being pro-life. Republicans are pro-death penalty, pro-guns, and pro-war... doesn't that contradict the belief in "pro-life"? If we had better gun control in this country, think of all the school shootings and crimes that would not occur. And look at all the innocent civilians that have died in Iraq and Afghanistan!!! I understand that the leaders themselves had blood on their hands, but where in the Bible does it say that two wrongs make a right? Or that if our neighbor kills, we kill him? Nowhere in the new Testament does Jesus condone killing of any kind. Republicans are contradictory when it comes to pro-life. A vote for Barack Obama is a vote for policies that support the liberties and freedoms of women, and life all around the world. This is what the Bible is about, and this is what Christianity (free from Republican distortion) is supposed to be about.
3) You will save money on your taxes. You fall into the "$250,000 and below" tax bracket for which Obama would provide relief. Whatever your neighbor tells you is a lie. As a CEO and small business owner, he is likely one of the people earning $250,000 and upwards, so he maybe feels like he has a lot to gain or lose in this election. He is telling you false information. I don't understand what his motivation is, but I know that what he is telling you is not accurate. Here is a link to calculator that helps you determine what your savings would be with an Obama tax plan. http://taxcut.barackobama.com/ Basically, a vote for Barack Obama is a vote to save you and daddy $1800 a year.
4) Obama will do more to energize and unify the country. We are in a huge economic crisis, and everyone is going to suffer at the hands of it... regardless of who is in office. We need a smart leader who can talk to the American people and galvanize the country to action. This means somebody who inspires people to save, volunteer, be smarter with their financial choices, and most of all... to change. To date, Barack Obama has inspired millions of Americans, and brought out millions of new voters. For the first time in American history, Democrats are the ones coming out by the tens of thousands to vote early. Why would he be any different as a leader? This is a man who is clearly inspiring Americans to action, and I think the American people will work hard for change under an Obama presidency. A vote for Barack Obama is a vote for domestic nation-building and national unity.
5) A President Obama would help America re-gain its place on the world scene. George Bush's leadership and policies have left America as the country that is out-of-touch with the rest of the world, and quickly falling behind other countries. Basically, we are the laughing stock. If we put McCain and Palin as our face to the world, we will continue to be the laughing stock of the world. For the first time since World War II, we have lost our dominance on the world scene. We need a leader who can advocate on behalf of Americans to other countries, particularly Europe and China. Currently, Barack Obama has an international approval rating of about 80% or higher. Most importantly, the European Union and China favor Obama. As a result, Obama would have the ability to talk these countries, and help make favorable world policies that will get our country out of the trillions of dollars of debt we have accrued under Bush.
Finally, other nations think that the nomination of an African-American President would send the message of unity, tolerance, and acceptance to all countries. Think about all the countries today with in-fighting because of difference in religion or culture. America's nomination of a black leader would send a message of peace to the world. A vote for Barack Obama would be a vote to make America the role model for change.
AND THAT'S WHY YOU SHOULD CAST YOUR VOTE FOR BARACK OBAMA ON NOVEMBER 4TH!!!
And if you are still not convinced.., and feel you must vote for John McCain... then I will tell my future kids that grandma doesn't care about them. I swear, I will!